Got this from one of the neighborhood activists.
Prophetic statements by one of our founding fathers:
1. When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe . ~ Thomas Jefferson
2. The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work, and give to those who would not. ~ Thomas Jefferson
3. It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on, would save one-half the wars of the world. ~ Thomas Jefferson
4. I predict future happiness for Americans if they can
prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. ~ Thomas Jefferson
5. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. ~ Thomas Jefferson
6. No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. ~ Thomas Jefferson
7. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. ~ Thomas Jefferson
8. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ~ Thomas Jefferson
9. To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. ~ Thomas Jefferson
10. In light of the present financial crisis, it’s now very interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: “I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”
Tom, old boy, you must be spinning around in your grave!